Saturday 1 August 2015

Newest Offerings From Warlord Games and Perry Miniatures

Warlord Games came out with marching plastic Napoleonic British infantry for both early and late war.  They also have expanded their range of light infantry as well. They look great.



Perry Miniatures is creating early war British infantry now as well. I have e-mailed and asked if there are any plans to to the War if 1812, and they said not at this time. In addition, Perry Minuatures recently came out with plastic early war British Light Dragoons.

New Perry British Light Dragoons. These could represent the 19th Light Dragoons up until the end of 1813. A small number would have been present at the small battle at Black Rock in this uniform. For all of 1814 they would have had the newer style uniform with shako (Chippawa, Lundy's Lane, Plattsburgh). I chose to make mine with shakos.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Chuck,
    I too asked the Perry's about three years ago and received a similar answer. However, I think I will ask the question again and perhaps get them thinking about it again.

    FYI; your fellow gamers Mike, Ed, Bruce, Howard and I have just finished Wavre and are now using the same terrain for a FP game.

    We talked quite a bit about your Montreal what if scenario and what a great game it was. I really appreciated your excellent on this game...well done.

    Cheers,
    Rod

    P.S. At my place we finished Lundy's about a month or so ago ( my group Paul M, Paul G. and Steve) and are have just started a Lundy's Lane redux; the battle starts the next day 26 July ,ie a day meeting engagement.

    P.S.S. You have a great web site... I check it frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rod,
    I didn't know you knew them! Small world. Wavre would be a good one. I played Waterloo and Quatre Bras with those guys.

    For the second Lundy's Lane, was it after the battle or instead of the battle?

    Where do you live? I am in North Bay.

    Glad you are finding the site interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chuck,
    Yes indeed it is a small world, I live in Kingston.
    Re the second Lundy's lane, it is the next morning. Better intelligence has allowed Scott to avoid blundering piecemeal into a superior British and Canadian force. Full details of the scenario can be found on my blog:
    http://warof1812war-gaming.blogspot.ca/

    It is no where as detailed and informative as your blog but it serves to document the progress of my hosted War of 1812 Battles. A good start anyway.

    Keep in touch,

    Rod

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your site looks great! I like the day after Lundy's Lane Scenario. I may try that one.

    ReplyDelete