Sunday 15 February 2015

American Militia Models

I'm posting images of my figure collection so far; in part to show comparisons of figures but also uniforms.


Here are my Old Glory NY militia; these uniforms would be accurate for 1812 to 1814. Knuckleduster also makes great models that aren't so undersized of these guys. NY volunteers by 1814 would have looked more like regulars. This is a very common American militia uniform. Besides the NY flag, these guys will work for Maryland and Massachusetts too.


Here are my almost complete NY Militia cavalry. I am also making some red Dragoons later. On the left are the 8th New York Light Dragoons made from AWI Perry 16th Light Dragoons. On the right are the 3rd NY Hussars Made from Perry Napoleonic British Hussars. Both these units were part of Izard's division in 1814. NY Dragoons and Light Dragoons were present at a lot of battles. You can see the difference is size here between Perry plastics and metal. On the left are metal figures, on the right plastic. I have put the bases two high fir the metal figures.


Here are my almost complete NY Rifles made from Old Glory Kentucky Riflemen.


Here are the 5th Maryland Militia Volunteers. These guys fought at North Point and Bladensburg. The figures are Old Glory; they are 25 mm so I have put them on 2 bases to make them taller. These guys, like the two units above them are waiting to be based.


No comments:

Post a Comment